NEW YEAR, NEW TAIL WAG: PRIORITIZING YOUR PUP’S WELLNESS INTO THE NEW YEAR
Are you ready to see your furry friend thriving and enjoying a healthier lifestyle? Don’t wait! Make this upcoming year the healthiest and happiest one for your beloved pup.
Independence Veterinary Clinic is nestled in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina. In addition to our comprehensive veterinary clinic, we offer two exceptional programs aimed at improving your pet’s well-being: Healing Pups and Woofin’ Workout.
No, you do not have to be a patient of our clinic to take advantage of these services. Just simply ask your current veterinarian for a referral.
Meet our Team of Experts
- Dr. Blair Keffer, DVM CCRP graduated from Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, specializing in rehabilitation, nutrition/weight management, soft tissue surgery and emergency medicine.
- Heather Kemper, CCRA (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Assistant) is passionate about physical therapy for pets and is experienced in various rehabilitation techniques.
Whether your pup needs pre- or post-surgery recovery support, relief from arthritis-related discomfort, improved quality of life for senior pups or conditioning for working or sporting dogs, our team is here to help.
Our specialized treatments include:
- Hydro Physio underwater treadmill
- Strength and balance exercises
- Massage and stretching sessions
- Therapeutic laser treatments
- Customized dietary and supplement recommendations
Alleviating Arthritis Discomfort Through Therapy
Arthritis can affect dogs of all ages and breeds, causing discomfort and impacting their quality of life. While there is no cure for this condition, our Healing Pups program offers therapeutic solutions that can significantly improve your dog’s mobility and comfort level.
Each pup is thoroughly evaluated by our expert team and given a treatment plan tailored to their individual needs and abilities. These therapies aim to reduce inflammation, ease joint pain and enhance flexibility, allowing your furry companion to move more freely and comfortably.
Supporting Pre- and Post-Operative Dogs on Their Road to Recovery
Injuries and surgeries can be challenging for dogs. Whether your pup is preparing for surgery or is in the post-operative phase, our Healing Pups program is tailored to aid in their recovery process.
Our team employs a variety of therapies targeted at your pup’s needs. These treatments are aimed at building strength and conditioning for accelerated recovery, reduction of pain and improved mobility. Our comprehensive approach aims to facilitate a quicker return to your pup’s active and joyful selves.
The Power of Laser Therapy
Laser therapy has been proven to be a game-changer in veterinary medicine, offering numerous benefits for dogs in their healing process.
Part of your pup’s healing regimen may include therapeutic laser treatments that utilize low-intensity lasers to stimulate cell regeneration and increase blood flow to affected areas.
This non-invasive therapy aides in reducing inflammation, accelerating tissue repair and alleviating pain for various conditions such as arthritis, soft tissue injuries and post-operative recovery.
Laser therapy is a safe and effective way to provide relief and expedite healing.
Is your furry companion feeling a bit weighed own after indulging in too many treats? Just like us, our four-legged friends need to maintain a healthy weight and get sufficient exercise to live their best lives.
A regular exercise routine not only boosts your pup’s energy levels, but also helps to reduce the risk of diseases and injuries, such as joint and bone problems.
Here is what our tailored weight loss program offers:
- A comprehensive evaluation by our expert team to assess fitness and nutrition.
- Collaborative goal-setting for your pup’s fitness journey, both at the clinic and at home.
- Implementation of a personalized diet plan using your pup’s current food or prescribed diet.
- Weekly weigh-ins, goal tracking and adjustments to suit your dog’s specific needs.
- Access to the state-of-the-art facilities, including an underwater treadmill and recreation on-site pool.
With an initial consultation fee of $100, and a $300/month enrollment fee, your pup will receive 12 in-person exercise sessions. With dedication and consistency, most dogs can achieve their optimum weight within 3-6 months on our program, depending on their current health and weight.
Now, more than ever is the perfect time to prioritize your furry companion’s health, ensuring they continue to lead a vibrant and fulfilling life.
At Independence Veterinary Clinic, we are dedicated to ensuring your pet’s overall health and happiness, whether your pup is a patient of ours, or elsewhere. If you think your pup can benefit from our Healing Pups therapy or Woofin’ Workout program, feel free to reach out to us to schedule a consultation, by filling out our appointment request, or by calling 704-841-8884.